2017 marks UTC’s 22nd year as a major sponsor of FIRST, having contributed more than $7 million to this global STEM program since 1995. Last year, through team grants and employee mentors, UTC supported more than 200 teams in 25 states and in three Canadian provinces.
UTC is now accepting team grant applications for the 2017 FIRST season. Team grant amounts will be based on team type as outlined below:
- FIRST Robotics – Rookie Team: $6,000
- FIRST Robotics – Veteran Team: $5,000
- FIRST Tech Challenge – All Teams: up to $1,500
- FIRST LEGO League – All Teams: up to $1,000
- Junior FIRST LEGO League – All Teams: up to $500
To qualify for a UTC grant, teams must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Teams should have at least one mentor who is an employee of UTC or a UTC business unit (UTC Climate, Controls & Security; Otis; Pratt & Whitney; UTC Aerospace Systems; United Technologies Research Center).
- Teams must compete in at least one FIRST District and/or Regional competition during the 2017 season.
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. EST on October 17, 2016
Championship Bonus Grants
United Technologies will provide a $4,000 grant to any UTC-funded FIRST Robotics Competition team that qualifies for a District Championship and a $5,000 grant to any UTC-funded FIRST Robotics Competition team that qualifies for the 2017 FIRST Robotics World Championship. Once US FIRST Robotics is notified of a team’s intent to compete in the World Championship, they will apply the UTC grant which covers the team registration fees. No additional application is required.
Click here for more information.